We’re chuffed to bits to announce the brilliant designer who’s the star of this Field Guide: Olga Buraya-Kefelian.
Olga is easily one of the most inventive designers working today. She has created five brand-new designs that take us on a fascinating ride—these are all designs that will work beautifully with yarns you currently carry.
Olga understands what knitters love. They want knitting that isn’t too difficult but has cool surprises along the way.
– Paragon Popover: We could hardly believe our eyes when Olga showed us this design. It’s nothing but knits, purls, increases, and decreases—yet the effect is graphic, modern, and a big wow. The yarn here is Woolfolk Tov DK. Your shop’s DK-weight yarns are perfect for this.
– Turnstile Wrap: Wear this piece at least five different ways. Already a huge favorite with everybody who’s seen this versatile design. Yarn: Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio DK, or the DK wools you have in stock.
– Penrose Tote: Olga’s fascination with graphic stitch patterns is on full display here. It’s designed in two sizes, with a handle that slips through the other to close it. These yarns are Rowan Creative Linen for the large tote, Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio Sock and Chroma for the small one.
– Fortune Teller Cuff: A fascinating quick trip into Olga’s inventive mind, this little bracelet is almost magic in the way it becomes so dimensional. This is Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio Sock plus NFC Chroma, a yarn with a bit of stainless steel in it.
– Tendril Necklace: How does Olga do it? Such an original construction for this light, summery decoration—so simple and so very cool. In Rowan Creative Linen here. Many yarns work well for this design, with different effects possible.